The Military-Specific HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, and Treatment Program (MSHAPP) is strengthening the capacity of the military in Gabon and São Tomé and Príncipe by delivering high-quality HIV/AIDS prevention, testing, care, and treatment services to military members, their families, and surrounding communities.
Recent successes of this project include:
- Followed the Family Approach-Index case training that took place in May 2021. Afterwards, an implementation plan was established to ensure the implementation of a family approach on military sites.
- Renovated the health structures in the rural areas of the Nyanga Province.
- Equipped the health centers of the Nyanga Province with office equipment.
- Trained health providers in the field of HIV/AIDS and malaria.
- Developed and published Trainer's Guide on HIV Care and Treatment (PDF).
- Developed an index case testing protocol (PDF).
- Developed and presented a presentation on the project's accomplishments to partners.