Collection of your Personal Information
In order to provide you with the services you have requested, MCD may collect personally identifiable information, such as your:
- First and Last Names
- Mailing Addresses
- Email Address
- Telephone Numbers
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain services. These may include: (a) subscribing to our newsletter; (b) sending us an email message; (c) submitting your credit card or other payment information when donating to MCD’s mission or related programs. To wit, we will use your information for communicating with you in relation to services you have requested from us.
Use of your Personal Information
MCD collects and uses your personal information to operate and deliver the services you have requested.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
MCD does not sell, rent, or lease its client lists to third parties.
MCD may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis or send you email. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to MCD, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information. For example, we use Google Analytics to understand how visitors engage with our sites or apps.
MCD may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on MCD or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of MCD; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of MCD services, or the public.
Automatically Collected Information
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Security of your Personal Information
MCD secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. MCD uses the following methods for this purpose:
- SSL Protocol
When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
If you make a donation online, your payment information is not held by us. It is collected by our third-party payment processors, who specialize in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
- Delete your personal information from our records; and
- Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a service requested by you, or if there is a legal obligation to keep that data;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
From time to time, MCD may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. In order to improve our Services, we may receive a notification when you open an email from MCD or click on a link therein.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from MCD, you may opt out of such communications by clicking on the UNSUBSCRIBE link in the email.
Changes to this Statement
MCD welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that MCD has not adhered to this Statement, please contact MCD at:
MCD Global Health
105 2nd St., Suite 2A
Hallowell, Maine 04347
Effective as of:
July 01, 2023