MCD’s 2022 Annual Report Now Available
Cover page of MCD's 2022 Annual Report.
MCD Global Health has released its 2022 Annual Report, the first annual report since MCD rebranded in June 2022.
The year 2022 marked a new chapter in the organization’s 56-year history of bringing MCD's expertise, best-practices, and innovations to help develop quality and responsive public health services for rural, under-served, and at-risk populations around the world.
This annual report is filled with human- and community-centered stories, including, but not limited to:
- Advancing careers in recovery through workforce development initiatives, such as MCD’s Rural Behavioral Health Workforce Center;
- Recounting how one man’s life benefitted from working at the Bioko Island Malaria Elimination Project, a 20-year malaria project on Bioko Island, Equatorial Guinea;
- Reducing harm of substance use through Healthy Lincoln County’s approach to destigmatizing Narcan;
- Building capacity in rural Madagascar by training local seamstresses to help improve women’s menstrual health and grow the local economy; and
- Amplifying local expertise to better serve vulnerable communities through various Project ECHO® opportunities offered by MCD’s Collaborative for Advancing Rural Excellence and Equity.