Maine CDC CHW Grant Coordinator
Do you have a passion for public health in the State of Maine? Medical Care Development, Inc. (MCD), a non-profit public health services organization is accepting applications for a Fiscal Analyst to join our team.
The Grant Coordinator position is a full-time, 40 hour per week position that is eligible for MCD’s benefit package. This position will be supported by Maine CDC’s Chronic Disease Prevention and Control Program, with primary responsibilities of project oversight including facilitation, implementation, and coordination involving Maine’s Initiative to enhance Community Health Workers for COVID Response and Resilient Communities. This person will provide project coordination to assist the Department with grant oversight and management of funding received through the US CDC Community Health Workers for COVID Response and Resilient Communities (CCR) CDC-RFA-DP21-2109 grant.
Essential Job Functions:
• Convene monthly meetings with project stakeholders and contractors (training, communication, and CHW services) to ensure project requirements/objectives are on-task
• Coordinate work plan activities, grant reports, communication/marketing materials
• Ensures grant deliverables are met
• Work with project evaluator to develop, implement and monitor grant evaluation and performance measurement plan
• Engage and collaborate with other Maine DHHS Programs to strengthen CHW strategies across initiatives.
• Attend pertinent regional and national meetings, webinars, and conference calls as required
• Collaborate with CHW Project Coordinator for the Maine CHW Initiative:
o Foster relationships with identified priority communities including those affected by health disparities and increased prevalence of COVID19.
o Facilitate strategic planning for Maine’s Community Health Worker needs
o Develop partnerships to ensure the sustainability of the CHW workforce in Maine
o Recruit relevant new partners and members into the Maine CHW initiative to grow public knowledge and health investment into this profession
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent of education and experience. (A combination of four (4) years of education, training, and/or experience in health, public health, or related field.) Master’s level training in related field is a plus.
• Collaborative leader: with the ability to engage, build trust and promote diversity.
• Able to build and maintain strong working relationships with diverse partner organizations.
• Ability to exercise good judgment within a context of competing priorities, agendas, and partner sensitivities.
• Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills - communication, networking, group facilitation.
• Ability to handle multiple projects and responsibilities and have a sense of urgency with deadlines.
• Ability to establish priorities for organization, staff, and self.
• Strong communication skills: ability to listen well, write, and speak effectively.
• Strong organization skills and the ability to meet required deadlines.
• Exceptional writing and interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated cultural competence are essential.
• Knowledge of financial planning, budgeting, resource planning, and procurement processes
• Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher)
• Knowledge or experience with paraprofessionals or service navigator roles in healthcare is a plus.
Successful applicants will be a creative thinker, energetic, self-starter who enjoys new challenges and are able to function comfortably in a fast paced team environment or independently and relate well to co-workers, customers, organizations, and the public.
This position offers a career path to growth and development within the organization. MCD deeply values diversity, inclusiveness, empowerment, and collaboration.
Position: Professional level Location: Augusta, Maine Projected start date: Immediately
NOTE: All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
MCD requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment, unless entitled to a medical or religious exemption. All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfaction of this requirement, and you will be required to show proof that you are fully vaccinated or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated. Please do not provide information about whether you are seeking an exemption from the vaccination requirement unless and until you receive a conditional offer of employment from MCD.
To apply, please submit the following:
• A cover letter and resume
• Your salary expectations
• Three professional references
• Two writing samples (This is to assess the writing style of the candidate)
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, please refer to REF# MCDPH-269 in the subject line. Position is open until filled. Please ensure to send all of the requested information to be considered. No phone calls please.
Medical Care Development, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity OrganizationPlease reference position MCDPH-269 when submitting your application.