Maine CDC Fiscal Grant Officer
Do you have a passion for public health in the State of Maine? Medical Care Development, Inc. (MCD), a non-profit public health services organization is accepting applications for a Fiscal Grant Officer to join our team.
The Fiscal Grant Officer position is a full-time, 40 hour per week position that is eligible for MCD’s benefit package. This position will be supported by Maine CDC’s Chronic Disease Prevention and Control Program, with primary responsibilities of managing the fiscal components of the contracts/grants primarily for Maine’s Initiative to enhance Community Health Workers for COVID Response and Resilient Communities grant, but may provide technical assistance to complimentary Chronic Disease program grant/contract fiscal needs. This person will assist the Department with fiscal oversight of funding received through the US CDC Community Health Workers for COVID Response and Resilient Communities (CCR) CDC-RFA-DP21-2109 grant.
Essential Job Functions:
• Meet with program to compile appropriate reports, materials, and data in order to assist in drafting budget documents for grant application.
• Draft contracts for public health services and work closely with program staff to obtain applicable information, data, and reports to assist in development of request for proposals for Chronic Disease Program.
• Work with the Division of Contract Management (DCM) to ensure effective implementation of contracts.
• Develop and review budgets for grants applications for accuracy and completeness.
• Monitor grant budget balance for inconsistences to inform and support Sr. Health Program Manager resolve issues
• Assist with training of program staff for contracting, and grant applications.
• Budget development
• Ensure invoice tracking and contract management for all agreements
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
An eight (8) year combination of education, training, and/or experience providing a knowledge of planning and research principles, practices, and techniques.
Preferred candidates will also have:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Knowledge and experience with procurement process, drafting, request for proposals, drafting contracts, and familiarity with the State Accounting System – Advantage.
• Knowledge of and experience with federal grant applications, grant writing, and grant management.
• Knowledge of and experience with budgets and invoice tracking
• Demonstrated skill in budget development and monitoring of expenditures.
• Knowledge and experience with training others in fiscal processes.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse group of internal and external partners.
• Proficient computer skills using MS Office, including Word and Excel.
Successful applicants will be a creative thinker, energetic, self-starter who enjoys new challenges and are able to function comfortably in a fast paced team environment or independently and relate well to co-workers, customers, organizations, and the public.
This position offers a career path to growth and development within the organization. MCD deeply values diversity, inclusiveness, empowerment, and collaboration.
Position: Professional level Location: Augusta, Maine Projected start date: Immediately
NOTE: All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
MCD requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment, unless entitled to a medical or religious exemption. All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfaction of this requirement, and you will be required to show proof that you are fully vaccinated or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated. Please do not provide information about whether you are seeking an exemption from the vaccination requirement unless and until you receive a conditional offer of employment from MCD.
To apply, please submit the following:
• A cover letter and resume
• Your salary expectations
• Three professional references
• Two writing samples (This is to assess the writing style of the candidate)
Applications should be sent to email@example.com and refer to job REF# MCDPH-268 in the subject line. Position is open until filled. Please ensure to send all of the requested information to be considered. No phone calls please.
Medical Care Development, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity OrganizationPlease reference position MCDPH-268 when submitting your application.