Project Coordinator-(District Liaison Support/Council Coordinator)
Do you have a passion for public health in the State of Maine? Medical Care Development, Inc. (MCD), a non-profit public health services organization is accepting applications for a Project Coordinator to join our team working with District Public Health. This position will serve the Aroostook and Downeast (Washington and Handcock) Public Health Districts and has the option of being housed in either Caribou or Machias with staff at the Maine DHHS office with the opportunity for remote work. The Project Coordinator position is a full-time, 40 hour per week position that is eligible for MCD’s benefit package.
The Project Coordinator provides support to the District Liaison on facilitating operations of the Maine’s District Coordinating Councils (DCCs) and continuing development of key elements of DCC organization and operations.
Essential Job Functions:
• Assuring that administrative support for meetings of the DCCs such as meeting space, recording of minutes, and public notices are in place
• Assigned work will also include the development of existing operational guidance into the formation of a functional policies and procedures manual for each DCC
• Continued development of plans and procedures that support the mission and statutory responsibilities of the DCCs such as communications, participation in assessment and planning initiatives, and the review, renewal, and compliance by the DCC with current DCC by-laws
• Assisting the District Liaisons in addressing the COVID 19 pandemic.
• Completion of quarterly progress reports detailing progress towards completion of the achievement of the work plan as well as assisting the DCC in the continued development and implementation of a District Public Health Improvement Plan
• Interact and work collaboratively with key internal and external stakeholders and must possess excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in health related field, public health, community health education or health education preferred or an equivalent of education and experience. (A combination of four (4) years of education, training, and/or experience in health, public health, or related field.) Master’s level training in related field is a plus.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and demonstrated cultural competence are essential.
• Ability to participate in high-performing, goal oriented groups.
• Strong organizational skills and the flexibility and ability to manage time and multiple tasks with little supervision.
• Proficiency with all current Microsoft Office programs as well as any other software programs necessary to perform the job.
• Ability to travel around the State of Maine.
• Competencies among successful applicants are expected to be consistent with those identified by the Public Health Foundation Council on Linkages as Level II.
Successful applicants will be a creative thinker, energetic, self-starter who enjoys new challenges and are able to function comfortably in a fast paced team environment or independently and relate well to co-workers, customers, organizations, and the public.
This position offers a career path to growth and development within the organization. MCD deeply values diversity, inclusiveness, empowerment, and collaboration.
Position: Professional level Location: Augusta, Maine Projected start date: Immediately
NOTE: All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
MCD requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment, unless entitled to a medical or religious exemption. All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfaction of this requirement, and you will be required to show proof that you are fully vaccinated or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated. Please do not provide information about whether you are seeking an exemption from the vaccination requirement unless and until you receive a conditional offer of employment from MCD.
To apply, please submit the following:
• A cover letter and resume
• Your salary expectations
• Three professional references
• Two writing samples (This is to assess the writing style of the candidate)
Applications should be sent to email@example.com, please include in the subject REF# MCDPH-261. Position is open until filled. Please ensure to send all of the requested information to be considered. No phone calls please.
Medical Care Development, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Organization.
Please reference position MCDPH-261 when submitting your application.